Legal terms and conditions for employers attending on campus events
The organisation attending the event agrees and accepts:
- Products or services to be promoted by the applicant, or the manner in which any products or services are promoted, will not conflict with the Objects of the University.
- If the University deems any products, services or material being promoted by the applicant to be inappropriate or not in accordance with its Objects, the products, services or material will be removed and the University may exclude the applicant from any further participation in the Event.
- The applicant will be allocated a specific site and must use that area ONLY.
- The applicant must arrange for any power cords or electrical appliances to be used at the applicant’s stall to be appropriately tested and tagged in accordance with Australian standards, prior to the Event.The applicant will not be allowed to use any power cords or electrical appliances that have not been tagged in accordance with this requirement.
- The applicant will ensure compliance by its officers, employees and/or agents with any relevant occupational safety and health legislative requirements and any reasonable requests made by the University in relation to safety.The University reserves the right to exclude the applicant from the Event in the event that they fail to comply with this requirement.
- The applicant has and will maintain appropriate workers’ compensation and public liability insurance and will provide the University with a certificate of currency prior to the Event.Failure to do so will result in the applicant being excluded from participation in the Event.
- The applicant will be liable for any damage to University property or loss of University equipment caused by any employee, officer or agent of the applicant.
- The applicant will be liable for and will indemnify the University against any damage or injury suffered by a third party as a result of the negligence or wrongful act/omission of any employee, officer or agent of the applicant.
- In the event that the applicant is excluded from the Event in accordance with these terms, or the Event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, the University will not be liable for any losses whatsoever that the applicant may suffer as a result, whether direct or consequential.